Friday, November 4, 2022

Wasn't Blowing

Saint Maclou has returned, from seeing Madame Ponty.

What did she say? asks Terence.

Her pony is indisposed, says Saint Maclou.

Good, says Terence.

But you may have a lesson tomorrow, says Saint Maclou. And she will provide you with a helmet.

Will it have yellow eyes? asks Terence.

That's unlikely, says Saint Maclou.

Terence, come and sit in the garden with me, says Belle.

Yes, go, says Saint Méen. I'll get your room ready.

I could do it, says Belle.

No need, says Saint Méen. I just need to open a window.

Oh. Okay, says Belle.

She and Terence go into the garden.

Roo-kai flies down.

I hate to tell you this, says Roo-kai.

Why? asks Terence. 

Never mind why. What? asks Belle.

The frog that Pierre-Louis took with him was a rana, says Roo-kai. 

Are you certain? asks Belle.

Yes, says Roo-kai. I saw it being transferred to Arthur's pocket.

But that doesn't mean they didn't have the other two, says Belle.

No it doesn't, says Roo-kai.

Well then, says Belle.

But they didn't, says Roo-kai.

How do you know? asks Belle.

I saw the poem bag, blowing down the road, says Roo-kai. I flew down and landed on it. And guess who was underneath it?

My frogs! cries Terence. The bag wasn't blowing!

No it wasn't blowing, says Roo-kai. They were taking it somewhere.

Did you stop them? asks Belle.

No, says Roo-kai. They were determined.

Which way were they going? asks Belle. 

The same way as Arthur and Pierre-Louis, says Roo-kai.

Oh, the dear creatures! says Belle. 

She imagines the frogs, trying to carry their poem bag to the station.


No comments: