Sunday, May 28, 2023

Bare Bones Of A Semi-Erotic Dream

Terence starts reassembling the drone.

Wasn't that bit there? asks Easter Morning.

When? asks Terence.

Before it broke, says Easter Morning.

Yes, says Terence. Hold this. Now press.

Soon the drone is back to normal except for the visible pink spots.

I suppose it doesn't matter, says Easter Morning.

Suppose what doesn't matter? asks Terence.

Gaius will notice the pink spots, and know it was broken, says Easter Morning.

But, says Terence, he'll know that it's fixed.

Yes, says Easter Morning, and he didn't have to do it.

He'll be glad, says Terence.

They carry the drone back to Gaius and Pierre-Louis, who are just waking up.

I had the strangest dream, says Gaius. 

So did I, says Pierre-Louis. Most disturbing. 

What was yours? asks Gaius. We can learn much from dreams.

I hesitate to tell you, says Pierre-Louis. It was semi-erotic.

Just the bare bones, says Gaius. 

I was visited by a tree nymph, says Pierre-Louis. She enclosed me in leafy branches and promised to show me her secret hollows.

And did she? asks Gaius. I suspect that she didn't.

You're right, says Pierre-Louis. There was a disturbance, and my tree nymph faded away. I called to her: Don't leave me! but that was the end of it.

You called out Don't leave me, says Gaius. Remarkable. Those are the very words used by my mackerel.

Mackerel what mackerel? asks Pierre-Louis. 

I dreamed I caught a mackerel, says Gaius. Unusual, as I rarely catch fish. This mackerel seemed grateful. 

May I ask how you knew it was grateful? asks Pierre-Louis.

The look in its eyes, says Gaius. I assumed it was grateful in advance. For I intended to throw it back into the ocean unharmed,

But instead it uttered the words Don't leave me, says Pierre-Louis.

In a voice remarkably like yours, says Gaius.

So I was the mackerel, says Pierre-Louis. How amusing. Our dreams meshed.

Not entirely, says Gaius. I didn't meet your tree nymph. Was she an ash?

She was, says Pierre-Louis.

Who knows where their conversation would have gone next? Different types of tree nymphs, perhaps. 

But Terence and Easter Morning have arrived, with the pink spotted drone.

Will Gaius notice they've had to fix it?

And if he does notice, will he be glad?


No comments: