Arthur and Federico go back to the bar.
Federico goes off for more drinks.
Arthur puts the normal bear on the table.
Federico comes back.
Why do you have that bear? asks Federico.
I forgot I was holding it, says Arthur.
Federico laughs. Why should he care?
So you will want to return it? asks Federico.
Maybe later, says Arthur. But it might come in useful.
How so? asks Feredeico.
The replacements are meant to be different, says Arthur.
Do we know why? asks Federico.
No, says Arthur.
Let us conjecture, says Federico. Perhaps they are replacements for two different bears.
I don't think so, says Arthur.
Time to come clean, mi amigo, says Federico. What is the situation?
Finish your drink and let's go, says Arthur.
Si, rapida, says Federico.
He gulps his drink down. So does Arthur,
Got the babies? asks Arthur.
Got them, says Federico.
Arthur picks up the normal bear.
And leads Federico to the Sagrada Familia.
Bello! says Federico. Such tasteful illuminations!
Arthur agrees, they are tasteful.
He looks around for Terence and Prong.
Prong spies him first, and flies over.
Have you brought them? asks Prong.
Yes, says Arthur,. Two baby bears. Show her, Fedo.
Federico produces the babies, in their packets, each with their holder for baby things.
We specifically asked for them to be different, says Prong.
They're hard to obtain, says Federico. These were the only Sylvanian baby bears in the toyshop.
I suppose we could take their little shirts off, says Prong.
They'd still look the same, says Arthur. That's why I brought this alternative.
He shows Prong the normal alternative.
Prong stares at the normal alternative.
Squawk! I'll get Terence!
She flies off and comes back with Terence.
Look at this pickle! says Prong.
Terence looks at the two baby bears and the normal alternative.
He sees no problem.
The Virgin gets twins.
Holy Spitball gets the normal alternative.
No comments:
Post a Comment