Sweezus is typing on Sartre's phone when it rings.
It's Vello.
Hi boss, says Sweezus. Checking up on how we're doing?
Yes, says Vello. Why are you answering Sartre's phone?
I'm just helping him with a few details, says Sweezus.
As in what? asks Vello.
Have you been reading his blog? asks Sweezus.
I have, says Vello. It seems short on bicycle details.
I'll get him to fix that, says Sweezus.
Where is he? asks Vello.
He's away buying glue, says Sweezus.
What for? asks Vello.
The cliffhanger, says Sweezus.
Oh yes, the genius cliffhanger, says Vello. Has something broken?
Yeah, says Sweezus.
What? asks Vello.
Do you want me to tell you or do you want to wait for the next post ? asks Sweezus.
Tell me, says Vello.
The handbag, says Sweezus.
The replacement bear's handbag? asks Vello.
Yeah, his, says Sweezus.
Do we learn how it got broken? asks Vello.
I'm leaving certain things out, says Sweezus.
You mean Sartre is, says Vello. I suppose he knows what he's doing.
But he sometimes forgets how he got there, says Sweezus.
Lucky he has you, then, says Vello.
Yeah, thanks boss, says Sweezus. Wanna know how the handbag got broken?
Tell me, says Vello.
Well there's this dove, see, says Sweezus. It's called Holy Spitball.
Why has Sartre not mentioned it before? asks Vello.
He still could, says Sweezus.
Go on, says Vello.
It was acting as lookout for the rescue, in exchange for a bear of its own, says Sweezus. Luckily Arthur had nicked a bear earlier. Well, not nicked, forgotten to pay for. So Holy Spitball got that bear. He wedged it in a fork of his tree, and when he tried to get it out later it fell into the Virgin's bowl and busted her new baby's handbag.
Yes I see why you're leaving certain things out, says Vello.
Yeah, says Sweezus. Too much info.
I'll leave you to it, says Vello.
Adiós boss, says Sweezus.
Very good, says Vello. You've learned Spanish.
Bicicletas, says Sweezus. Learned that too.
Good man, says Vello. I assume that means.....
Yeah, it does, says Sweezus.
No comments:
Post a Comment