Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jesus' Diary - Part 1

I wonder if Jesus will pop round and see us this Easter? said Pliny the Elder. Do you remember how he came to dinner last year and multiplied the Brussels sprouts?

He didn't multiply them, Pliny, he divided them. But yes, of course I remember. He was very nice, and I remember you and he got on pretty well. I hope he does come round. I want to ask him if he's started keeping a diary.

Just then there was a knock at the front door.

Knock! Knock!

I opened it. There was Jesus, on a bicycle.

I was passing, he said, and thought I'd drop in.

Gosh! I said. I'm surprised to see you. Aren't you awfully busy at this time of year?

Au contraire! said Jesus. I always like to keep a low profile at Easter.

Come in, I said, but would you mind wheeling your bicycle round the side of the house to the back. We already have one bicycle in the dining room.

Certainly, said Jesus. ( Did I mention he was nice ? )

No comments: