Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ladyfingers

Le Bon David struggles through the tent flaps with several large shopping bags. He dumps them on the floor next to the camp bed on which The VeloDrone is lying, surrounded by used paper tissues.

Feeling any better? he asks.

A little, says The VeloDrone, sniffing ostentatiously.

Well now, here's the shopping. I went to the Central Market and bought all this delicious, healthy, fresh fruit and all these lovely vegetables. Look! Mangoes, three for five dollars, a ripe pineapple, sweet green sultana grapes, yellow nectarines, ladyfinger bananas, watermelon, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, cucumbers.....

I don't like ladyfinger bananas, grumbles The VeloDrone, I only like ordinary bananas.

Never mind, we still have two ordinary bananas left in the fruitbowl, says Le Bon David, peacably. What would you like for your dinner? I'll get it ready for you now because I'm going out later to a Fringe show.

Oh? says The VeloDrone, what is it?

It should be quite a lot of fun, Vello. It's called La Petite Mort - The Orgasm, presented by Ladies Who Lounge.

The VeloDrone perks up. Wait a minute! Isn't it my turn?

No, it certainly isn't. You went to The Chronic Ills of Robert Zimmerman, remember?

Then you went and looked at the Northern Lights!

But you came with me!

And I caught a cold.

That, dear Vello, is irrelevant. And Northern Lights is not even part of the Fringe. But I must say you are suddenly looking a lot better. Would you like to attend La Petite Mort with me? We can always go halves in a second ticket.

Yes, David, I would love to come with you. And you're right, I do feel a whole lot better. Would you be so kind as to pass me a banana?.......... No, not that one!

No comments: