Sunday, March 21, 2010

Heart of Darkness

Alas! I did not notice that my last blog post was my 500th. What would I have done? I don't know. Now for blog post 501.

Sigh..

What's the matter? asks Pliny the Elder.

I missed my 500th blog post, I reply, looking miserable.

What do you mean you missed it? says Pliny. You wrote one, didn't you? A fine piece of impressionist writing if I recall, about what it was like in Norwood the day after the election.

Did you really think it was fine? I ask hopefully.

Yes, says Pliny, definitely fine. And now you must get on with blog post 501.

You're right, Pliny, I say. But I have lost my sense of continuity.

Try going back to Norwood, suggests Pliny helpfully. You went there today, didn't you?

Yes, I did.

And what happened?

What always happens. When I go past Geoff Kurtze's Real Estate I always read his sign, which says Geoff Kurtze Real Estate.

And what happens then?

I think: Mistah Kurtz, he dead.

Astonishing. Why?

I don't know. It isn't even spelled the same.

As what?

As Kurtz.

I see. Am I missing something?

No, the name is.

What?

Missing an E.

No, says Pliny. I'm sorry. I don't get it. Did anything else happen?

1 comment:

Andy Craig Photography said...

congratulations on your 500th.

500 pages of entertainment!

Andy