Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Ineffable

The Ineffable was and is and will be thinking about Everything. It was, is and will be easy for him.

Sometimes he thinks on the Particular, at the same time. It is easy for him.

Corky he thinks, Corky? I don't remember a Corky, do I? Oh yes, of course I remember multiple Corkies, and not all of them dogs. There was one in a television show once, a small American boy, an orphan, who travelled with a circus. It was in black and white, and I always knew beforehand what would happen.

He remembers everything, the Ineffable. It is easy for him.

He chooses to think about one particular Corky, again. Something is puzzling the Ineffable.

Something is puzzling me, he thinks. Insofar as something can puzzle me.

And what it is, is, why would I bother to leave a voice message on someone's computer?

Inasmuch as I do understand everything, of course, I am perfectly capable. It is easy for me.

But, I am very busy. I need to think about Everything. And if I know that the vet is going to call someone shortly I don't generally choose to preempt him.

Or her, thinks the Ineffable, equitably.

Then something occurs to the Ineffable. Insofar as something can occur which is known to him already.

I wished to convey an additional message that only I had the authority to convey.

He smiles.

At the same time he thinks about bacon, and how easily it gets under the fingernails.

It is easy for him.

No comments: