Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Not All About Space

Yes, I remember the gist......

The eminent professor speaks:

Welcome to my lecture on Space. I'm going to tell you how we can make money out of it.

Here in Australia we have let ourselves get behind in Space. In the 1960s we sent up a rocket ship, here is a photograph. Yes, it looks like Rocket, the talking rocket character made famous by Mr Squiggle, I agree. We sent up several satellites that looked like toasters too. And I bet you thought all satellites were round.

After that we sent up our very own spaceman Andy Thomas, but by a circuitous route. That was because he ascended from the USA. Before him, we sent up another even less famous person whose name was Jeremy.

Since then Australia has remained on the outer, but the big players are interested in us for three reasons. Because we are here, fair and bare. Wait, it is supposed to rhyme. Maybe it was bare, fair and there.

Next we have a slide of a satellite dish and some greenery. Looking into the greenery is a woman in blue pants and a green top. What is she doing there?

Stop! Stop! No! I did not say any of this!

Oh dear, now I have upset the professor.

No comments: