Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Real World

Meanwhile, in the real world down on George Street, it is early morning:

Harold: Cock-a-doodle-doo!

Little Baby Jesus: Wah! What was that?

Harold: It's me, Harold.

Little Baby Jesus: You stupid old cock. I was asleep.

Harold: It's my job.

Little Baby Jesus: Well now I'm awake, you'll have to amuse me.

Harold: Alright, how?

Little Baby Jesus: I don't know. I'm bored. Tell me a story.

Harold: I don't know any stories suitable for babies.

Little Baby Jesus: I'm not really a baby.

Harold: What? Of course you're a baby.

Little Baby Jesus: No. Take a closer look.

Harold: I can't see your face under that Christmas hat.

Little Baby Jesus: Well, take my word for it. I'm not a baby. You can tell me a grownup story.

Harold: I don't know any grownup stories either. Tell you what though. There's a Hoyts movie theatre across the road. We could go there.

Little Baby Jesus: Ooh yes! What's on?

Harold: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, or Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Which would you like to see?

Little Baby Jesus: Oh the Harry Potter! I love Harry Potter.

Harold: I thought you might like the Narnia one.

Little Baby Jesus: Nah!

No comments: