Friday, September 16, 2011

Camus/Camoo

The following day, Gaius and Sweezus cycled down to Victor Harbor.

Tell me what you know about Camus, said Gaius. It may help us to find him.

Yeah, said Sweezus. It might. Umm, well, I only met him a couple of times, in the office with the girls. He seemed kind of.... you know....

No I don't know, said Gaius. That isn't very helpful. Would you say he was the sort of person who would stay in a cabin?

He came from a poor family in Algeria, said Sweezus. But rose to become an influential philosopher and intellectual giant.

Then obviously, said Gaius, he wouldn't choose to slum it in a cabin. I say we go and look for him at McCracken.

McCracken? said Sweezus. The resort? Oh okay, if you say so. I always wanted to see what it was like.

They arrived at McCracken late in the afternoon, and enquired at reception if Camus was staying there.

We don't give out that sort of information, said the receptionist.

Fortunately at that moment Camus walked by on his way to the swimming pool.

Camoo! shouted Sweezus. You're here!

That depends, said Camus, on what you mean by here.

See, said Sweezus, I told you he was smart.

Indeed, said Gaius. Hello Mr Camoo.

Please, said Camus. Call me Camus.

I thought I was, said Gaius. Does it not sound the same?

Not to me, said Camus, I am sensitive to such things. And who are you?

Gaius Plinius Secundus, said Gaius. Also known as Pliny the Elder, at your service. We have been sent to find you.

I am not missing, said Camus, but welcome, anyway.

No comments: