Friday, September 30, 2011

An Unexpected Vanishment

This is ridiculous, said Gaius, from the back seat of the police car. You have no evidence other than hearsay.

A complaint must be followed by a report, said the policeman. Sorry gentlemen, but that's how it is.

The police car reached the end of the causeway.

Would you mind stopping a moment? said Sweezus. That's my bike over there. I need to make sure it's locked up.

Good one, said the policeman. I let you out and you try to escape.

Sweezus won't try to escape, said Gaius. He volunteered to take the blame.

Did you say Sweezus? asked the policeman.

Yes, said Gaius. That's his name.

THE Sweezus? asked the policeman.

I suppose so, said Gaius. Why don't you ask him?

Are you who I think you are, sir? asked the policeman.

I don't know, said Sweezus. Who do you think I am?

The guy who Tweets the moon, asked the policeman? On Twitter?

Yep, said Sweezus. That's me.

I'm a follower, said the policeman. My name is Victor. Well, I certainly feel I can trust you not to escape Mr Sweezus. You may get out and check on your bike.

Thanks, said Sweezus. You're uber cool, Victor.

Don't mention it, said Victor. Hurry up now.

Sweezus got out of the police car. He walked over to his bike.

Just fancy, said Victor.

Yes, just fancy, said Gaius. I think I had better get myself a Twitter account.

You should, said Victor. You might get famous.

I might indeed, said Gaius. I shall call myself....Pliny

Pliny! said Victor. I think someone already uses that name.

Outrageous! said Gaius.

Hey! said Victor. Where's he gone?

Gaius looked out of the window.

Both Sweezus and his bicycle had vanished!

No comments: