Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hooking Up With Camus

I'm all ears, said Sweezus, swigging on his Diet Coke and crunching up three macarons in quick succession. What's your brilliant idea?

It's this, said Marie. You know how you've been mooning around the office for ages, and you still haven't written anything of note...

What about my moon tweets? said Sweezus, looking offended.

Admirable, said Marie, but what we want's an article on bicycle philosophy. Now, our friend Camus has told us that he needs a bit of help finishing his own contribution, which is due at the end of the week. How about you two hooking up with him? You might get some inspiration, Sweezus, and you, Gaius....

Me, said Gaius. What have I to do with this? I have no need of inspiration. You never even waited to hear what I was planning to write.

Sorry Gaius dear, said Belle et Bonne. What was it?

As a matter of fact, said Gaius, I came here in such a hurry after I remembered my promise that I have only a very vague idea.

Exactly, said Marie. I thought as much. Working with Camus will help you crystallise your own idea. Camus is a very clever chap, he won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1957.

Humph, said Gaius.

But there's another more important reason why we need you, Gaius, said Belle et Bonne quickly. We know that you are very good at solving mysteries.

I am? said Gaius. Oh yes, the bicycle mystery. But what mystery do you need solving now?

Unfortunately, Camus has gone missing, said Belle et Bonne.

Sweezus whistled.

And you want us to find him!

Yes, said Marie. But we only have one clue. We know he's somewhere down at Victor Harbor looking for fairy penguins, but we don't know where he's staying.

No comments: