Friday, September 4, 2020

Number One Golden Boy

 Millau.

Sweezus arrives at the start line smelling of Roquefort cheese.

Is that what I think it is ? asks Vello.

Yep, says Sweezus. Mini baguettes as well.

Superb, says Vello. I won't ask how you got them.

Well I will, says David. Did you break out of the bubble?

Sweezus turns to see if anyone is listening. No one is.

Bang! the race starts. It's really windy.

Le vent d'Autan.

Soon the peloton is divided, as usually happens with cross winds.

The scent of Roquefort floats on the breeze.

Fast forward to later. The final sprint in Lavaur.

Peter Sagan is...oops! his chain has come off in the final sprint. Curses!

But he still wins the green jersey.

Alaphilippe's foot unclips from his pedal. 

A bad day for some. Yates keeps the yellow.

After the race, Sweezus calls Arthur, who has finally reached the burnt regions.

Hey dude!

Hi, man, says Arthur. How'd you go?

Cross winds, says Sweezus. Enough said. But I got points from the boss.

What for? asks Arthur.

Cheese, says Sweezus. Millau has these caves where they make Roquefort. I snuck out and bought some. So I'm number one golden boy now.

Who else could be? asks Arthur.

Yeah, says Sweezus. I know. Where are you?

Burnt area, says Arthur. Black at the top and green at the bottom. 

Cool, says Sweezus. Want some sheepskin gloves?

Not really, says Arthur. Why? Have you got some?

Yeah, says Sweezus. They make them here. I bought some, but turns out they don't fit me.

You idiot, says Arthur. I miss you.

Me too, says Sweezus. Yeah well, I'm going to call Gaius now. See if he's found Terence.

He calls Gaius.

Hi, it's me. Found Terence?

I'm cycling across Emu Bay as we speak, says Gaius. I'm sure he'll be...

So that's a no, says Sweezus. 

Yes, says Gaius. But don't worry. Enjoying the Tour?

Yeah pretty much, says Sweezus. Tell Terence when you see him, that I saw an elasmosaurus.

Pull the other one, says Gaius. 

In the Millau museum, says Sweezus. It had the longest neck ever.

I know what they look like, says Gaius. Now I've just arrived at the playground. No one's here. 

Shit! Call me back when you find him, says Sweezus.

Of course I will, says Gaius. I wouldn't want to ruin your day.


No comments: