Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Where Is The Spirituality?

Katherine and Sirene return, empty-handed.

What's in the paper bag? asks Katherine.

Presents for the frog team, says Terence.

Where did you get them? asks Katherine.

SHE gave them to me, says Terence, pointing towards the assistant.

But the assistant has spotted a customer, and hurried away.

Very kind of her, says Katherine. What's in it?

Stones, says Terence. Or chocolates. 

Why do you say it like that? asks Sirene.

They look the same, says Terence.

Let me see, says Sirene.

Terence opens the bag at the top. She looks into it.

Ooh! Those are toadstones.

Surely not, says Katherine. Where would the assistant have got them?

Upstairs, says Terence. 

Well they won't be real ones, says Katherine.

They look like real ones, says Sirene. 

Katherine wonders how Sirene, a mermaid, would know.

Let's go to the hospital right now, says Terence.

We don't know where it is, says Katherine.

Roo-kai knows, says Terence.

But where is he? asks Katherine.

He might be outside, says Terence.

And he is.

It's not far, says Roo-kai. You can take the metro. Or catch a bus if you like. I'll meet you in Neuilly.

Very well, says Katherine. I suppose we'll need some sort of card.

Bumhole! says Terence. Can't we just walk there? My frogs might be dying.

No, says Katherine. I know! Sirene and I will borrow the Team Philosophe bicycles.

What fun! says Sirene. My first chance to use my legs properly.

What about me? asks Terence.

We'll work something out, says Katherine.

They return to the cafe, where Team Philosophe are still eating cakes.

May we borrow your bicycles, to go to the hospital? asks Katherine. 

Then how will we get about? asks Vello.

Taxi, says Katherine. 

Let's all go by taxi, says Vello. 

You go, says David. N F S and I will remain here and continue our debate.

A ridiculous debate, says Vello.

What is it about ? asks Katherine.

Are enlightenment ideas out of date? says Vello.

Not out of date, says N F S. Too rationalistic. Where is the spirituality?

You see what I'm up against, says David.

They leave them to it, and call a taxi.

Roo-kai gives the taxi driver directions. The taxi driver is not surprised to be given directions by an oystercatcher posing as a parrot.

This is Paris.


No comments: