Monday, July 4, 2022

Transfer Day - Saltwater Person

The teams have been flown to Dunkerque.

From now on they'll be cycling through France, as is proper.

Team Condor and Team Philosophe are in a café, eating waffles.

Katherine is there too, and Sirene, and Terence.

They are discussing the feeding arrangements.

No offence, Sirene, says Sweezus, but too much salt makes us dehydrated.

Sorry, says Sirene. I'm a salt water person.

And it did not help, the salt water you gave us, says Pablo.

I didn't mind it, says Arthur.

Sirene smiles at Arthur.

Those sausages yesterday were quite tasty, says N F S Grundtvig.

Yeah, sausages, says Sweezus. Maybe put something like them in the sandwiches.

I do not know any French sausages, says Sirene.

A sausage is a sausage, says David.

There are many types of sausage, says N F S Grundtvig.

Can we stop talking about sausages, says Terence. 

Certainly, says Vello. What would you like to talk about?

She's got a tail! says Terence.

I haven't, says Sirene, tucking her feet under her long flowing skirt.

I saw it, says Terence.

I don't have it now, says Sirene.

My goodness! says Katherine. Did you have one at some point?

Well, yes, says Sirene. I'm not ashamed of it. But on land I need legs and feet.

Just like den Lille Havfrue! says N F S Grundtvig.

I am den Lille Havefrue, says Sirene. 

Which is? asks Vello. 

The Little Mermaid, says N F S Grundtvig. That explains all the salt she put in Team Condor's sandwich.

Cool, says Sweezus. But we do need less of it.

I am willing to learn, says Sirene. But my boyfriend likes it.

Baby Pierre, says Terence. Where is he?

He is chasing the frogs, says Sirene. He wants his spare bike back. 

NO! cries Terence. He can't have it.

That's between him and them, says Katherine. So anyway, what would you like in your musettes for tomorrow? It's a hilly stage.

Something sustaining, says Vello.

How about potjevleesch? asks Katherine. I saw it in a local market. It looked substantial but easy to digest. By the look of the texture, I believe you could slurp it.

Sounds perfect, says Vello.

What would you like? asks Sirene. looking at Arthur.

Same, says Arthur.

She smiles at Arthur again. 

He seems like such a nice person.


No comments: