Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Who Does What Who Does

Victor and Camus get back into the police car.

Victor starts driving.

You won't get away with anything, says Victor. 

I don't expect to, says Camus.

Then why throw the list of allegations out of the window? asks Victor.

Who knows why one does what one does? says Camus.

Is that one of your philosophical questions? asks Victor.

It could be, says Camus. 

I know why who does what who does, says Terence. 

Then you're a wise boy, says Camus.

Do something, says Terence. And I'll tell you.

No, says Camus. Oh... all right.

First you said no. says Terence. 

And why was that? asks Camus.

Because you don't think I can do it, says Terence.

That wasn't why, says Camus.

We have only your word for that, says Victor.

Are you playing? asks Terence.

No, says Victor. I'm just listening.

Camus wrests the pencil from Terence.

Hey! Why did you do that? asks Terence.

Hah! says Camus. You see, you have no way of knowing. 

Woo! says Terence. You win that one. Now it's my turn.

He grabs the pencil back from Camus.

Steady on in the back there! says Victor. No fighting.

Why did I do that? asks Terence.

I cannot know, says Camus. That has always been my position.

Yay! One all! says Terence. 

This is fun. 

Actually, though, says Camus. I can guess why you did it.

What? asks Terence.

Took back the pencil, says Camus. You wished to retaliate.

Can you wish that? asks Terence.

Do you know what it means? asks Victor. Payback. It's a motive for serious crimes.

You gave it to me, says Terence. And he took it for no reason. I'm supposed to be drawing the birds.

Let's see, says Camus. That one looks like a butterfly. And... what are those tinkles?

Tinkles, says Terence. And guess what these are?

Camus looks at the two black fart shapes.

 Ha ha! No way will he know.


No comments: