Friday, September 4, 2026

Not Stolen

Prong flies back down.

Which bear is he having? asks Terence.

He chose the normal one, says Prong. 

Problem solved, says Arthur.

Except for one thing, says Federico. It hasn't been paid for.

I'll pay for it later, says Arthur.

Did you STEAL it? asks Terence.

No, says Arthur. I forgot I was holding it.

Yes, that's different, says Terence.

Shall I take this bear up to Holy Spitball? asks Prong.

Yes, says Terence. Then he'll start being our lookout.

Arthur gives the normal bear to Prong, who flies up to the cypress tree, holding it in her beak.

Hee-ooo-ah, says Prong.

Pardon? says Holy Spitball.

Ay-ih, says Prong.

Holy Spitball assumes she means take it.

He is used to such mumbles.

He takes the normal bear in his beak and tries to balance it on a branch.

It tips sideways, and is going to fall, but he saves it.

I should have asked for a monkey, says Holy Spitball.

A monkey? says Prong.

A monkey has better grip, says Holy Spitball. Longer legs. The right sort of tail.

I see, says Prong.

Where did you get it? asks Holy Spitball.

I think it came from a toyshop, says Prong/

Then perhaps you could exchange it, says Holy Spitball.

No, says Prong. We couldn't. 

Why not? asks Holy Spitball.

Because it hasn't been paid for, says Prong.

Don't tell me it's STOLEN! says Holy Spitball.

Not stolen, says Prong. 

She tries to remember how Arthur had put it.


No comments: