Sartre sees the hairline crack where the clasp has been broken.
He forces it open.
Done! says Sartre.
Awesome, says Sweezus. Hold it while I squeeze in the glue.
Sartre holds the tiny handbag's clasp open.
Glue! says Sweezus. Where is it, Terence?
I'm still getting the lid off, says Terence.
He twiddles the lid. It comes off.
Shall I squeeze it now? asks Terence.
Okay, says Sweezus. Just gently. There and there.
He indicates the two places the glue has to go.
Terence squeezes.
No glue comes out.
You probably have to pierce the top with a pin, says Sartre.
Yeah but who's got a pin? asks Sweezus.
I'll get one, says Terence. I'll ask a lady.
He runs off the towards the people queueing to enter the Sagrada Familia.
And up to a lady.
Excuse me, says Terence. Do you have a pin?
No, says the lady. Gone are the days when most ladies had pins.
Oh, says Terence. What about something else pointy?
What is it for? asks the lady.
To open our glue, says Terence.
Are you trying to mend something? asks the lady.
A handbag, says Terence.
Is it yours? asks the lady.
It's little Fuzzball's says Terence. I mean, it belongs to a bear.
A toy handbag! says the lady.
Another lady is standing behind her and has been listening.
I couldn't help overhearing, says the second lady. How would this do?
She hands Terence an old fashioned hat pin.
A hat pin! says the first lady. I've not seen one for years!
It was my great grandmother's, says the second lady. I always carry it with me. It's lucky.
Yay! says Terence. Can it get glue on it?
If you wipe it off after, says the second lady.
Perhaps you should go with him, says the first lady. If it's important to you.
Will you mind my place for me? asks the second lady.
Certainly, says the first lady.
Terence and the second lady go over to where Sartre is still holding the broken clasp open, and Sweezus is holding the inaccessible glue.
We've got grandma's lucky hat pin! cries Terence.
Great grandma's, says the second lady.
Wicked, says Sweezus. Poke it in here.
Can I do it? asks Terence.
I'll do it, says the second lady.
She plunges her great grandmother's hatpin into the top of the special plastic glue tube.
Blooobbb....
Glue bloobles up, out, and down Sweezus 's fingers
No comments:
Post a Comment