Thursday, October 14, 2010

Byron Bay

Greetings from Pliny the Elder,
It seems to me that you have not told me everything. And where outside exactly is the lettuce? The weather here has turned bad. I do not wish to go outside without having a clear idea of where I am going.


******************

Greetings Pliny,

Of course I have not told you everything. Every minute there is something new. Yesterday I was sitting out the back at a wooden table when a huge water dragon passed me on the grass and ran up the trunk of a nearby tree. I never saw it come down. Earlier we had been to Byron Bay, and seen the lighthouse at the easternmost corner of Australia. There is a signpost at the corner, so you know where it is. Also a lighthouse. We ate sandwiches on the foreshore. We had cups of tea in Bangalow. Green tea with melon flavouring. We were facing the counter in Chou Chou, looking at French cakes. Wendy drove us home past macadamia farms, and horses, through a lush greenish landscape. We drove over two horrid old bridges, which were being replaced.

The lettuce is directly in front of you Pliny, when you go out the back door. It is in the pots. I suppose you didn't think of looking for it there. Don't pull up our leek.

No comments: