Tuesday, October 12, 2010

To Pliny the Elder

Dear Pliny,

It is very pretty here. There are many sorts of birds outside my bedroom window. For example parakeets and galahs, and bush turkeys with yellow wattles. The last is not true. The bush turkeys were back at Tweed Heads.

There are horses and paddocks and a creek of clear black water and grass and well kept gardens. There is a mannikin dressed as a fisherman in sunnies.

We had pies for dinner last night from the new pie shop. Followed by apple cream puffs. After I ate my cream puff Emmy ( a dog ) licked my hand.

Today I am going to listen out for grey cranes, and visit Ballina.

I hope you found the lettuce.

PS My daughter thinks there might be a tin of tuna in the pantry . If you see her please explain to her why there is not.

No comments: