Saturday, October 23, 2010

Last Hours Of Ticks

It is a little known fact that ticks communicate by means of morse code. I later learned the two ticks that had attached themselves to me had left a testament of their final hours in dots and dashes on the inside of the tissue that was their tragic prison. I present it to you verbatim, except of course not in morse code, but in English. You may find it quite moving.


Last TESTAMENT of OUR Final Hours, By Big and Little TiCK.

LiTTle Tick: We were in a FIeld of GRASS, ...we spied a foot. BIg Tick said COME ON! I said NOOOO! He said, Why not? I said, it's not a COW. He said YES it IS, it's just a funny blue one. So we jumped. ...

Big TiCK: It was a MIStake I see tHAT now. But At the TIME I thought it would be an EXCELLENT adVENTure. WE Climbed the SOCK OF the COW and found a wIDE Expanse of hairless skin. A FEAST. We decided to sit quiet for the COW was moving.

LITTle Tick: That was no COW he still WILL NOT admit it. A Cow will not peel off its BLUE outer SKIN and lie PRone for several HOURs. NEvertheless Big tiCK decided to dig in.

BIG Tick: Next thing I KNOW I'm squeezed out of my comFY POZZIE! I'm SQUEEzed and SquEEZed. IT Doesn't hurt me THOUGH.

LittLe Tick: I knew Big TICK was SCARED. I was Scared. ALL at onCE we foUNd ourselves inside a big white squARE CLOUD. We ran around MADLY but could not gET OUT.

BIG Tick: The COW was pacing up and DOWN somewhere out THERE I'm SUre of it.

LittLE TIck: Suddenly the CloUD OPENED UP and we HEARD VOICES. The Voices were saying THEY are SMALL.

Big TicK: A huge POINTED weapon came towards US!

Little TICK: I Cried WHAT is to Become of us? Then Big Tick said SomeTHING that was so comforting.

BIG TICK: What did I SAY, I forget?

LittLE TICk: You said: We are STARDUST We Are Golden, And we've GOt to get ourselves Back To the GARden. I LOve You FOR saying that, Big TiCK!

Big TicK: I Love you TOO, Little TicK.

Here Ends the Last Testament of Big Tick and LittlE TICk.

No comments: