Friday, October 15, 2010

Lismore

From Pliny the Elder,

You call those lettuces? You write foolish things.


********

They are perfectly good lettuces. You are lucky I write anything at all.

Yesterday we went to Lismore, which is somewhere north of here. A river runs through Lismore, which floods a lot. The older houses are built above the ground and made of wood. Some of them are painted blue. We went to a rural supplies shop and bought some rural supplies. After that our vehicle smelled pleasantly of lucerne. We went to Horseland, where you can buy anything at all for a horse, in any colour. I was itching to take a photo of the two ladies behind the counter, they were so horsey. Behind them, on shelves, was an array of horsey nicknacks. I did not dare to ask them for a photo, because they would have wondered why I wanted it, and I could not have given a plausible reason.

PS I don't see why you can't just go to the shops.

No comments: