Friday, January 13, 2012

Honeys Like That

I suppose you know how to beat crabs? asked The VeloDrone.

Crabs! said Surfing-With-Whales. Dude, I'm your man.

You're in, then, said The Velodrone. Now I suppose we ought to do a bit of practice. The Down Under Classic starts tomorrow evening at seven.

Good heavens! said Le Bon David. Is it really? I wonder where my bicycle is? I really must check my tyres.

Hey! said Surfing-With-Whales. What kind of team is this?

Don't you worry, said The VeloDrone. We usually do pretty well. It's the triumph of philosophy over brute strength.

You mean the triumph of cheating, said Sweezus. And it didn't work last year. Gaius got busted for drugs.

Awesome! said Surfing-With-Whales.

Poor Gaius, said Belle et Bonne. It wasn't his fault.

Okay, said Sweezus. That's cool. But we have to have some kind of race plan. Team Crustacean is the team to beat this year. Everyone's talking about Starpuss.

Yeah! said Surfing-With-Whales. I heard the Italians from Team Lampre earlier talking about La Potenta. That's what they're calling the Starpuss. The Powerful One.

The Powerful Female One, said Belle et Bonne. Otherwise it would be Il Potente.

Whatever, said Surfing-With-Whales. I'll soon put a spoke in her wheels.

You know she's not riding? said Marie. She's being dragged behind Decca in a box-on-wheels. No one's sure if she's living or dead. But she twitches a lot. And has powerful legs. It's enough to put the wind up everyone.

Not me, said Surfing-With-Whales. I know heaps of honeys like that.

Marie looked at Belle et Bonne.

Belle et Bonne looked at Sweezus.

Sweezus looked at the floor.

No comments: