Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Surfing-with-Whales

The talk of the town? said The VeloDrone. What do you mean?

All the teams are talking about her, said Le Bon David. Why just now on North Terrace when Team Ag2r La Mondiale rode past me I overheard one of them saying, Oui, La Starpuss, elle est formidable!

This is bad, said The Velodrone. Very bad. Obviously Starpuss can't really be dead.

Yes, agreed Le Bon David. It's not good. And just when we're missing one of our best riders. Farky would have given Starpuss a run for her money.

Poor Farky, said Belle et Bonne. But you've still got Sweezus.

Yes, said Marie. Sweezus has been practising hard.

But he isn't reliable, said The VeloDrone. He sometimes goes off on his own.

Who isn't reliable? said Sweezus, putting his head round the door.

You, said The VeloDrone. Remember the Tour de France? You stopped off for a swim.

I'm more focussed this time, said Sweezus. And Belle et Bonne and Marie will be here.

Oh Sweezie, you're so sweet, said Belle et Bonne. Would you like a macaron? I've got red ones.

No thanks Belle, said Sweezus, I'm training. I'll have a banana.

Have you heard about Starpuss? asked Marie.

The secret weapon that twitches? said Sweezus. You bet. But I've got some good news. We've got a fourth rider!

With how many legs? asked The VeloDrone.

Ha ha, said Sweezus. Just two. Remember that surfer I met at Victor Harbor? The one who gave me these shorts?

We never met him, said The VeloDrone. But he has bad taste in shorts.

Well he's an awesome bike rider, said Sweezus. And he's agreed to ride with Team Philosophe.

What's his name? asked Le Bon David.

Bob, said Sweezus. But don't call him that. He calls himself Surfing-with-Whales.

No comments: