Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Jelly Dialogues - Girls in Trouble

What is it, papa? asked Belle et Bonne. What have you found?

I don't know, said The VeloDrone. It's all soggy.

That's my card, said Surfing-with-Whales. Those little monkeys! They lost it!

I suspect that they threw it away, said Marie. I heard them saying they didn't like whales.

Don't like whales! said Surfing-With-Whales. They didn't say that to me!

They were probably too scared to say it to you, said Marie. You have no head for business. You shouldn't approach little girls.

Yeah, you're right, agreed Surfing-With-Whales. I need a partner.

He looked at Sweezus.

Don't look at me, said Sweezus. I have too much to do.

What? What do you have to do? asked Surfing-With-Whales.

I have to get on with my writing, said Sweezus. I did this creative writing course last year. I got really good marks for my zoo assignment.....

Oh yes, said The Velodrone. Weren't you going to write something for us! What happened to that?

He got writer's block, said Le Bon David.

No I didn't, said Sweezus. It's coming along nicely.

What's it about? asked Surfing-With-Whales.

Yes, what's it about? asked The Velodrone.

Sweezus looked out to sea. It was getting choppy. Like chopped green jelly. Except it was wet.
The two little girls in pink hats were out way too far.

Oh look, he said. Those two little girls in pink hats are in trouble!

He hoped that they were. He splashed out towards them and dived under a wave.

No comments: