Friday, May 8, 2015

Kissed In Four Places

In Melbourne:

Belle et Bonne: Well! He was no help!

Karl Marx: Perhaps he was overcome with emotion.

Belle et Bonne: Sweezie's never overcome with emotion. Unless he sees birds.

Karl Marx: That's funny. Little Terence likes birds.

Belle et Bonne: So what are you saying? Like infant, like adult?

Karl Marx: Of course not. I myself used to like teasing my sisters. I wouldn't now.

Belle et Bonne: I'd like to hear their side of the story.

Karl Marx: Sadly, they are no longer with us. I used to make them eat mud in exchange for a story.

Belle et Bonne: No wonder Terence ran off.

Karl Marx: We must continue to look for him. I believe Melbourne is dangerous.

Belle et Bonne: You search the churches. I'll search the bars and cafes.

Karl Marx: I'd prefer.....

But Belle has already gone into one of the coolest bars in Melbourne, the Workshop.

........

Terence is not in the Workshop.

He's in Fitzroy. He's at the Labour in Vain.

He has made a few friends there. They like his cherubic looks and knitted hat with the side flaps. They empathise with his Marxist ideas on alienation.

There are four types of alienation, says Terence.

What are they? asks Boz.

The worker from the work, says Terence. That's the first one.

Too right, says Boz.

The work means the product, says Terence. Take this hat.

It's so cool, says Lorna.

Yes, says Terence. And also quite hot.

Take it off then, says Lorna. I bet you look even cuter without it.

Terence takes off his hat.

This could get dangerous.

.......

Esperance:

First thing in the morning, says Gaius, we'll fly out of Esperance, then get an afternoon flight back to Adelaide.

Why what's up? says Sweezus.

A golden opportunity, says Gaius. Vello and David have asked me to entertain Professor Xu Xing.

Xu Xing, says Sweezus. Yeah, I've heard of him. The 'go to' man for dinosaur hunting.

Dinosaurs! says Baby Pierre. I LOVE dinosaurs!

Since when? says Brianna.

Since the Jurassic, says Baby Pierre. You don't know everything about me.

I never will, says Brianna. I'm staying in Perth remember. We may ne-e-ver meet again, so shed your skin and let's get started .......la la la

I know that song, says Baby Pierre. And I will kiss you in four pla-a-ces.....

Hunters and Collectors, says Sweezus.

Stop that, says Gaius. Baby Pierre, I shall require some seriousness of you from now on.

Why? asks Baby Pierre.

Because, says Gaius, I should like you to be my official recorder.

Yippydoo, says Baby Pierre. I will be awesome. I've got a pencil.

Everyone looks surprised. Pencil, what pencil?

The Dempsters' pencil, says Baby Pierre. The green one, I kept it.

Woah! His career as official recorder is off to a flying good start.


No comments: