Monday, October 23, 2017

About Being And What Is

Arthur's knees are patched up with sticking plasters.

One otter, one monkey.

I want a monkey, says Terence.

Okay, says Belle. Just one monkey. Then someone should take this specimen jar back to Gaius.

Me and Sweezus, says Terence.

Yeah, okay, says Sweezus. How far is it?

Not far, says Belle. Terence can show you.

I'll stay here with Arthur, says Sartre.

No, I'm going too, says Arthur. I just need a bike.

If you're going, says Belle, Sweezie doesn't need to.

No, I'll go with Arthur, says Sweezus. He might have concussion. Can he have your bike?

For goodness sake! says Belle. Oh all right. I'll stay here with Jean-Paul. What shall we do though?

Philosophise, about being, and what is, says Jean-Paul.

And what isn't, says Belle. We could go and see the oyster beds. What time is it?

Three o'clock, says Sartre. Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything.

Not in this case, says Belle. The tide will be out now.

She's right. Sartre is tickled.

Got a hat? asks Belle.

Yes, says Sartre, pulling one out of his pocket.

Sweezus and Arthur are cycling towards Pointe de Grouin with the specimen jar, and Sartre's hat.

Terence is in the basket, looking after both items.

Man, it's been full on with Sartre, says Sweezus

How come? asks Arthur.

Being and what is, what it is to be human, the world of things, indifference, and how to seduce women, says Sweezus.

Seduce women? says Arthur.

Yeah, women, says Sweezus. He reckons he's into it. He reckons he's got fitter. But I've got my angle.

The bike angle? says Arthur.

Yeah, says Sweezus. And I'm going to write what I know.

You should go for it, says Arthur.

That's why I love you, says Sweezus. You're supportive.

Arthur had been feeling wobbly. Now he feels supportive.

It's all about being connected.

But not to Terence.

In the basket, Sartre's hat is unravelling.....

The specimen jar is filling with threads.


No comments: