Friday, November 30, 2018

O Clam Spam

Gloria reaches the banks of the Embley River.

Moonlight glints on the water, where a pair of discarded green flip flops float gently.

Kambel! Kambel!

Kambel emerges.

Gloria! It's you! Where is the infant with the frog pen?

Back at the cabin, says Gloria. But I have brought Ageless lobster. He of the Mark of the Claw.

Where is he? asks Kambel. I don't see a lobster.

There's been a slight hitch. He is moulting down at the clay deposits, says Gloria. We need you.

As you see, says Kambel, I am currently discommoded.

Is it your feet? asks Gloria. I did wonder.

Take a look, says Kambel. He sticks his front feet up, the toes are quite swollen.

This is no good, says Gloria. I was hoping you might come to the rescue.

For the Claw, I might make an effort, says Kambel. Has he brought me a pot?

The elements of a pot, says Gloria. The clay and a visualisation.

Tell me of the visualisation, says Kambel.

Can we get going? asks Gloria. He will be rapidly fading.

Okay, says Kambel.

He heaves himself out of the water.

This had better be worth it. Oo-aah!

Gloria keeps talking, to take Kambel's mind off the toe pain.

The finished product will be dedicated to you, says Gloria. It will feature you, of course, and various wavy lines representing water, there may also be a clam motif. I hope you won't mind that. He's insisting.

As long as there's a Mark of the Claw, says Kambel. I wish to know all about it, including its history.

I'm sure he can tell you, says Gloria. You're all right with the clam then?

O-clam-spam! says Kambel, dragging himself forward.

She takes that to mean that he is.

....

At the clay deposits, Ageless is languishing.

Nearly all of his carapace has dropped off.

His soft parts are exposed and he should be in water.

He tries to imagine he is.

Criiiiik,,,,,beautiful dark water, streaming with seaweed,,,,,rounded pebbles like cushions,,,,,a spectacled sea snake,,,,,criiiiikee,,,,, where did that come from???

Thud thud. Cruachan! The Campbells are coming!

No! It's Gloria, pursued by a monster!

No comments: