Friday, November 9, 2018

The Hands-Off Spirit Guide

Terence keeps walking.

Gloria floats above him.

Are you SURE you're not a parrot? asks Terence.

I'm not a parrot, says Gloria. I'm a spirit face guiding you to a special place.

Are we there yet? asks Terence.

Not yet, says Gloria. You'll know when you see it. There are all different colours of clay.

Red? asks Terence.

Yes, red is one of the colours, says Gloria. Also, black, white and ochre.

I'll make red pots, says Terence. I'll make three.

Why three? asks Gloria.

One for Sweezus, one for Gaius and one for my next parrot, says Terence.

Presents, says Gloria. That's nice.

They have come to a rocky place, with rocks of different colours.

Here we are, says Gloria. Now don't be too greedy. Just collect what you need.

Me? says Terence.

Can I do it? asks Gloria. I don't think so.

This is where I need a good parrot, says Terence. A parrot would bring a spade and a bucket.

What sort of parrot would do that? asks Gloria.

Any parrot, says Terence. Except a spirit guide parrot.

Have you had many parrots? asks Gloria.

Yes, says Terence. And I've lost them. Like I lose everything.

What else have you lost? asks Gloria. Spirit guides are good at recovery.

My Peruvian hat with side flaps, says Terence. Where is it?

May I touch your head? asks Gloria.

No, says Terence.

Then I can't help you, says Gloria. What else?

All the parrots, says Terence. Even the balloon one. And DON'T touch my head!

There's a blue tongue lizard! says Gloria.

Terence looks. The blue tongue lizard comes up to greet them.

Hello Gloria!

Hello Pa'u.

Need a spade and a bucket?

Not me, but the little fellow does.

No I DON'T, says Terence.

He does, says Gloria. You don't happen to have a spare spade and a bucket?

I did but I lost them, says Pa'u.

Ha ha, laughs Terence.

It's not funny, says Gloria. All right. Just scoop up some handfuls. Drop them into your pocket.

It's ROCKS! says Terence.

It's a mineral aggregate, says Gloris. Rocks and clay.

I'll help you, says Pa'u, the blue tongue lizard.

You are the only nice person, says Terence.

Hum, says Gloria. Who's going to teach you to make story pots?

Terence considers. Gloria has no hands. She will have to do it by talking.

Talking and shouting.

Whacking!

No, maybe not whacking.

No comments: