Thursday, November 15, 2018

See Both Ways

Yeah some people say that, says Sweezus.

It's your face, says Gloria.

Yeah well, says Sweezus. We look different in helmets. Even our faces.

But Gloria isn't put off. It's not from the Tour de France that she thinks she knows him.

It's the Mission.

And Terence, says Gloria. He looks familiar too.

He fell off the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, says Sweezus. I caught him.

Good man, says Gloria. Thousands wouldn't.

Guess not, says Sweezus. But when I say caught him, he just kind of landed.

Meant to be, says Gloria. Do you believe our fates are determined?

If they ARE fates, says Sweezus.

That's the question, says Gloria. If they are, then they are. Me, I believe in the Old Ways.

Cool, says Sweezus. What are the old ways?

Make up stories to suit the landscape, and explain events that have already happened, says Gloria. For example the crocodile stories. Why do you think they have teeth? Why do they eat some people and not others? Which mountain range are they?

Which mountain range are they? asks Sweezus.

Trick question, says Gloria. Many. But one is the Yarrabah Range behind Cairns.

You're going to be useful, says Sweezus.

Yes I am , says Gloria. For one thing I can see both ways, by revolving my head.

Sweezus does not comment. Who can't see both ways by revolving their head?

And, continues Gloria, I can see that your friend Arthur is way ahead of us, and I think I know why.

So do I, says Sweezus. He's a poet. He likes to go alone into dangerous situations. He wants to meet the crocodile first.

I was going to say that, says Gloria.

Sorry, says Sweezus. What about Terence?

He's lagging behind us, says Gloria. I believe he is cross. He thinks we should wait for him. He wishes he had a parrot.

Yeah, says Sweezus. That would be right. A parrot. Suppose we should wait.

So they stop and wait for Terence.

Gloria who is intuitive, even more so since becoming a spirit guide, now knows a bit more about Sweezus.

Mainly, that he's a man who responds well to nudging.

No comments: