Wednesday, March 18, 2020

More Choking To Go

Terence is choking.

C-hah! c-hah...

Drat, says Gaius. I never should have given him that apple.

All right back there? calls the driver. Want me to stop?

Not necessary, says Gaius. We'll deal with it.

He grasps Terence and squeezes him firmly.

Uh! says Terence. Uh-chuh!

Isn't he made of cement? asks Kierkegaard. How will squeezing do anything?

Worth a try, says Gaius. But no go. I'll try something more drastic.

He upends Terence.

Several pieces of apple fall out.

Th-at's better, says Terence. Can I have the rest of the apple?

Certainly not, says Gaius. I'll finish it myself. Here drink some water.

Terence doesn't like water.

That was the worst snack ever, says Terence. Now I'm going to help Alexander-Red-Hook finish her poem.

He goes back to the front seat, behind the driver.

Feeling better? asks the driver.

I just need to talk to my crab, says Terence.

Seat! says the driver.

I might vomit, says Terence.

Talk to the crab then, says the driver. Better vomit on the floor than the upholstery.

Terence is pleased with his ruse. He doesn't really think he will vomit.

I'm back, says Terence, to Alexander-Red-Hook.

I heard you choking, says Alexander-Red-Hook. It was awful.

There's still some more choking to go, says Terence.  But don't worry. I won't vomit.

I heard that, says the driver.

But the route needs attention. They are passing through Mount Compass.

Good about the vomit, says Alexander-Red-Hook. 

Did you finish the poem? asks Terence.

Second verse finished, says Alexander-Red-Hook.

Say it, says Terence.

She recites:

why a fence?
it's a fence sieve
giving small creatures
ingress and egress
so says the infant
who gave me the rhyme.

Is that me? asks Terence.

Yes, says Alexander-Red-Hook. I hope you don't mind.

I don't mind, says Terence. But what about the egress?


No comments: