Friday, March 27, 2020

Only The Sky

This is all I've got, says Terence.

He sets the bucket upright on the sand.

The transparent small fish (unlucky) swims around in circles.

You've caught a fish! says Gaius. Well done. I've never been able to catch such a small one.

Can we keep it? asks Terence.

Temporarily, says Gaius. But we need more sea water. And we don't need that sea grass, or sand.

I'll SCOOP it out, says Terence.

He scoops out the seagrass, that's easy.

He scoops out some sand.

He drops it in blobs next to Gaius's feet, not his actual feet, but his Crocs.

Wait, says Gaius. There are tiny beads in it. Are they plastic?

How do I know? asks Terence.

Gaius picks up a bead.

It could be wood or plastic, says Gaius. They can do wonderful things nowadays. But if it's wood the sand in the bucket has to go. I can't risk the crabs ingesting the wrong contaminant.

What about my FISH! wails Terence.

He or she may ingest what he or she likes, says Gaius.

Hear that? says Terence.

The transparent fish (unlucky) heard that. Ingest? What does that mean?

It swimming becomes frantic.

Can I take it back to the shop? asks Terence. It wants to meet the crabs.

All right, says Gaius. I'll just top up the water, we'll sort the sand out later, when we've dealt with the fish.

He scoops handfuls of water into the bucket until he has filled it.

The fish (unlucky) glimpses freedom.

So it thinks.

But it's only the sky.

1 comment:

Curt Lennix said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.