Saturday, March 28, 2020

No Lid No Problem

Gaius and Terence arrive at the shop with the bucket.

Lauren lets them in.

Gaius places the bucket on the table.

Terence has caught a fish, says Gaius.

Let's see, says Lauren. Oh, it's a small one.

The small fish (unlucky) stops swimming and looks at her face.

Tries to read her expression.

But can't.

We need something to put it in, says Gaius,

It wants to meet the crabs, says Terence.

How do you know that? asks Kierkegaard. Did it say so?

No, says Terence.

They might eat it, says Kierkegaard.

I heard that, says Alexander-Red-Hook. If it wants to meet us, it must have a reason. We won't eat it.

See, says Terence.

Put it in this, says Lauren.

She empties a jam jar filled with strings and laces onto the table.

It will need water, says Alexander-Red-Hook.

Gaius tips the smallest amount of water he thinks the fish (unlucky) can survive in, from the bucket into the jam jar.

Let me put the fish in, says Terence.

It's already in, says Gaius. It flowed in with the water

Let me talk to it, says Alexander-Red-Hook.

How will you do that? asks Gaius. It's now in a jam jar.

I'm sure it could hear through a jam jar, says Alexander-Red-Hook. Leave the lid off.

There isn't a lid, says Lauren.

No lid. No problem.

Little fish, says Alexander-Red-Hook, I hear you wanted to meet us.

The fish (unlucky) makes a decision.

Yes, says the fish (unlucky). I wanted to meet you. I know you are grieving.

I've finished grieving, says Alexander-Red-Hook.

So have I, says the fish (unlucky).

What for? asks Alexander-Red-Hook.

Myself, says the little fish (unlucky). I thought my life was over, but it isn't. Sea, bucket, jam jar.

My friend's in a pickle jar, says Alexander-Red-Hook.

Alive? asks the small fish (unlucky).

Luckily, before Alexander-Red-Hook can answer, Sweezus and Arthur come in.

Kierkegaard remembers that he's wearing Arthur's old purple skull shorts.

Should he mention it first, or just wait?



No comments: