Sunday, January 7, 2024

Is The Pain Showing?

How does this look? asks Ageless.

Lauren has convinced him to push back his red knitted hat.

Click! She takes a photo

 Let me see it, says Belle.

Is the pain showing? asks Ageless.

What pain? asks Belle. 

Du Fresne's pain, says Ageless. I attempted to channel it.

I took another one without the hat, says Lauren.

Let's see that one, says Belle. 

Which one is better? asks Lauren.

Did Du Fresne wear a red knitted hat? asks Belle.

He did, says Ageless. That's why I insisted.

Pushed back like that? asks Belle.

I doubt it, says Ageless. We lobsters like to wear our brims down.

I asked him to push it up, says Lauren. So his eyes showed.

Well, I like it, says Belle. It's the best one.

Great, says Lauren. It'll be tiny anyway. The lagoon's in the distance.

O is it? says Ageless.

Now I just have to decide where to hide the bicycle, says Lauren.

What bicycle? asks Ageless. Du Fresne didn't mention a bicycle.

There was no bicycle, originally, says Lauren. I've been asked to hide one in the video. Actually Sweezus was asked to, but I volunteered, as he's got training.

Who asked Sweezus to hide one? asks Ageless.

Vello, says Lauren. Gaius can't get his article published in Velosophy otherwise.

And why does he want to? asks Ageless.

A pertinent question. 

It's supposed to be a reward for the quoll, says Belle. 

Ageless is starting to feel that he and Du Fresne have been dudded.


No comments: