Thursday, January 18, 2024

Stage 3: Tea Tree Gully to Campbelltown - Bath

Yesterday 

Something happened at the Fox Creek picnic.

Baby Pierre came limping by, wheeling his tiny bicycle.

What happened! cries Kobo.

Came off, mutters Baby Pierre.

Are you injured? asks Lauren (thinking: it will be good if he is). 

I ran into a pickled plum, says Baby Pierre.

He shows them his skinny round knees, indented with pickled plum bits.

Oh dear, says Lauren. Those knees need cleaning. Let me assist you.

She produces her bottle of Fox Creek water.

Is that my screwdriver? asks Baby Pierre.

Oops! It's still in the bottle.

Lauren fishes it out.

.....

But that was yesterday. 

Today is Stage 3. Tea Tree Gully to Campbelltown.

And its nearly all over!

It's the final tricky descent of Gorge Road.

Ryan Mullen and Danny van Poppel lead Sam Welsford out.

Now they swing off, leaving Sam Welsford to sprint for the finish.

So it's him again!

Belle and Lauren are waiting at the finish.

Him again, says Belle.

I know, says Lauren.

Did you get the bath water? asks Belle.

You wouldn't believe it! says Lauren. Baby Pierre crashed yesterday, into your pickled plum.

How awful! says Belle. Is he okay?

Yes, says Lauren. Sore knees only. He's back racing today. But the good news is I was there when he limped back to Ageless.

So you bathed his knees, says Belle. And I guess you kept the water.

I had no end of trouble, says Layuren. His screwdriver was in the bottle. He recognised it of course, so I had to explain everything.

How did he take it? asks Belle.

Remarkably well, says Lauren. I promised him a free session of Reiki. And he let me keep the water.

Did he have to get into the bottle? asks Belle.

No, he sat in Kobo's bento box, says Lauren. And then I tipped the used water into the bottle.

Had you taken the screwdriver out? asks Belle.

Yes, says Lauren. Ageless needed it to tighten up one of the wheels of the bicycle.

I feel bad about the plum, says Belle.

You really don't need to, says Lauren


No comments: