Monday, January 29, 2024

Two Suspicious Strangers

I'll be back for Hedley in an hour, says Hedley's mother.

She goes down the stairs thinking who was that rude woman, she did look familiar, never mind it'll come to me.....

What are my lines? asks Hedley.

Let me see, says Vello, leafing through his tatty copy. "Are those the two suspicious strangers?"

Say it, says Terence.

Are those the suspicious strangers? says Hedley.

The TWO suspicious strangers, says Vello.

Okay, says Hedley. The two suspicious strangers.

Are those, says Terence.

Are those, says Hedley.

Ha ha, laughs Terence. You're so bad at acting.

He isn't, says Belle. He said everything he was asked to.

I need it written down, says Hedley. Then I can get the right order.

Get your mother to do it, says Iris.

She's not here, says Hedley.

Then go and help Terence learn his part, says Vello.

Okay, says Hedley. He crawls under the jersey that is standing in for a blanket.

I know how you can help me, says Terence,.

How? asks Hedley.

Put your hand on my hand, says Terence. 

Hedley does it. The double-thickness hand is poked out from under the blanket

How does this look? shouts Terence.

Like two hands, says Belle. And Hedley won't be under the blanket.

I've got another idea, says Hedley.

What is it? asks Terence.

A pink rubber glove, says Hedley. Blow it up like a balloon, close it with a bin tie and it'll look fat as anything.

Yes! says Terence. And I'll draw a face on it!

Then it wouldn't look like a real hand, says Hedley.

Yes it would, says Terence, and it could say stuff.

Hedley has not done three years of Theatre Bugs for nothing. He is open to different suggestions.

Cool idea! says Hedley.

No comments: