Saturday, September 5, 2026

Not THE Sartre?

Prong explains that the bear was not stolen, as such.

It's going to be paid for, says Prong.

I suppose I'll have to take your word for it, says Holy Spitball.

So are we okay? asks Prong. Will you act as a lookout?

Yes, says Holy Spitball. When do you make your move?

As soon as we get the rope and the net, says Prong.

Don't you have them? asks Holy Spitball.

They're coming from Paris, says Prong. 

You can buy nets and ropes in Barcelona, you know, says Holy Spitball.

It's not that, says Prong. 

Your choice, says Holy Spitball.

The normal bear is tipping sideways again.

Holy Spirit rights it.

Tell you what, says Holy Spitball. I could use that rope when you're finished.

Okay, says Prong. So you're keeping the bear. You don't want a monkey?

Who knows how long it will take to get a monkey? says Holy Spitball. 

You can have the rope, once I've used it, says Prong. 

Great, says Holy Spitball. So how shall we do this?

What? asks Prong.

Me being a lookout, says Holy Spitball. 

Watch the Virgin, says Prong, and send me as signal when she's distracted.

Even better, says Holy Spitball. I'll distract her myself.

What about your bear? asks Prong.

Let me deal with that, says Holy Spitball.

Okay, says Prong. When we're ready I'll fly up to you, then you fly down and distract her, and I fly down and switch baby bears.

Will you have the rope? asks Holy Spitball.

And the net, says Prong.

So now we're just waiting for the rope and net to arrive from Paris, says Holy Spitball. 

On the next train, says Prong.

Who's bringing them? asks Holy Spitball.

Sweezus and someone called Sartre, says Prong.

Not THE Sartre? says the Holy Spitball. 

But Prong, being from Australia, does not know.


No comments: