Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Goodbye Baby

Baby Pierre was sad the Tour de France was over. Not that he had been able to watch it. But he could hear the television from the next room.

What a shame Sweezus didn't win, he thought. Sweezus was my favourite rider.

The television was on the next night too. Baby Pierre was listening. The program was called QI. Stephen Fry was saying something about jellyfish. Baby Pierre's ears pricked up.

Why are my ears pricking up? said Baby Pierre. I don't have ears. But what is Stephen Fry saying?

Stephen Fry was saying that there was a jellyfish called The Immortal Jellyfish. He said it had the remarkable quality of becoming younger after it had reproduced.

Wow, said Baby Pierre. I wonder if Ageless Lobster knows about this?

He rolled to the middle of the window sill to say goodbye to Kobo.

Auntie Kobo, he said, I'm off on my travels again. This time I'm going on my own.

Why's that? asked Kobo.

Because Frog is dead, said Baby Piere sadly.

Frog, said Kobo, vaguely. Do you mean that tomato?

That tomato was my best friend Frog, said Baby Pierre. There will never be another like him.

How true, said Kobo. I hope you have a warm scarf.

I do, said Baby Pierre. Is that all you have to say?

Say hello to Ageless, said Kobo.

How did you know? asked Baby Pierre.

I listen to QI as well, said Kobo. Good bye, Baby Pierre.

No comments: