Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Champs Elysees

It's true. Cadel Evans has won the Tour de France. Now everyone can go home. But they don't all want to.

Sweezus: Paris is so beautiful. I don't want to go home.

Marie: We're going shopping on the Champs Elysees. Come with us.

Sweezus: Shopping!

Belle et Bonne: We're going to a famous shop called Laduree, to buy macarons and chocolates.

Sweezus: Awesome! What are macarons?

.......

The VeloDrone, Le Bon David and Farky are saying goodbye to Gustave, Gaius and Violetta.

The VeloDrone: Well goodbye, you three. Perhaps we shall we meet again.

Gustave: Perhaps. After all, we have much in common.

The VeloDrone: We all performed rather badly in the Tour de France, if that's what you mean.

Violetta: Speak for yourself. I performed rather well. So did Farky.

Farky: I won Most Aggressive Dog.

Gaius: And I did well in the individual time trials, even though the mints were just mints.

The VeloDrone: Alright alright, but next year we will have to try harder. And now, David and I must get home to our magazine. We haven't published anything for three weeks.

Violetta: What magazine?

The VeloDrone: Oh, nothing worth mentioning....

Le Bon David: It's a magazine about cycling and philosophy. We invite philosophers to write articles for it.

The VeloDrone ( loudly) : La la la! La la la!

Gustave: That is interesting. Perhaps you would consider inviting me. I like to think I am something of a philosopher.

Gaius: And me.

Violetta: And me.

The VeloDrone: Well, umm, surely you are all too busy.....

Violetta: Oh no, we're not busy at all.

No comments: