Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stage 11: Blaye-les-Mines to Lavaur

Belle et Bonne and Marie are in the bookshop, looking for a copy of The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea. They have just located one and picked it up from the shelf when they see Professor Freud peering in their direction.

Marie: Oh look! Is that Professor Freud?

Belle et Bonne: Yes it is! Hello Professor! I didn't know you were riding in the Tour this year!

Professor Freud: Hello my dears. No, I'm not riding, I'm not allowed to after the stone-throwing incident last year.

Belle et Bonne: Oh dear. Yes, I remember. That wasn't really your fault.

Professor Freud: Yes it was. I should have known better.

Belle et Bonne: You were just testing Galileo's theory.

Professor Freud: I was, but it was the wrong place to be doing it. What's this you're reading?

Marie: It's Yukio Mishima's The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea.

Professor Freud: An interesting book, by a fascinating case study! Let me know what you think when you've read it.

Belle et Bonne: Yes, we will.

.....

Meanwhile it is cool and wet on the Stage 11 road from Blaye-les-Mines to Lavaur. Cavendish, the Manx Missile is riding next to Farky, who is bemoaning his fate.

Farky: And I was going out on a date with her last night, but I had to cancel.

Mark Cavendish: Why was that?

Farky: Garlic breath.

Mark Cavendish: Aah.

Farky: Garlic's no good for dogs.....

Mark Cavendish: I used to give garlic to my Golden Retriever.

Farky: And now it's dead.

Mark Cavendish: Oops! Sprint's coming up! Bye!

No comments: