Monday, July 4, 2011

Stage 3: Olonne-sur-Mer to Redon

And so it was that Team Philosophe and Team Bumptious formed a team of seven riders, and participated in the Team Time Trials. The all-important fifth rider was:

Gaius! With a time of thirty minutes exactly.

How proud he was.

........

The following day, Sweezus and Violetta were riding together at the back of the main peloton, somewhere between Olonne-sur-Mer and Redon.

Violetta: Can I ask you a question?

Sweezus: What is it?

Violetta: Why did you stop on the Passage du Gois the other day and go for a swim? Was it a hare and tortoise thing?

Sweezus: Hare and tortoise! What d'you mean? Oh you mean, was I showing off?

Violetta: Yes, were you showing off?

Sweezus: No I was overwhelmed by a memory, and had to stop. Riding along the Passage du Gois reminded me of last Easter, and a cycling holiday with Marie and Belle et Bonne. I took too much chocolate along.

Violetta: Tell me about it!

Sweezus: Well, I thought they would eat some,, but they wouldn't. So I....

Violetta: I didn't mean tell me about it. I meant I know all too well about TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE.

Sweezus: Ah.

Violetta: You're sweet.

Sweezus: Can I ask you a question?

Violetta: Sure, fire away.

Sweezus: What's in your bag?

Violetta: Paints

Sweezus: Paints?

Violetta: Our secret weapon.

Sweezus: It's good to have a secret weapon. Our secret weapon is Farky.

Violetta: We're in the same team now. Tell me about Farky.

Sweezus was just about to, when he realised that others were listening.

No comments: