Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Heroic Demises

I smell chocolate, says Third Sister.

That will be us, say the Freddos.

I'm only going to eat one of you, says Third Sister. Which one will it be?

The plane lurches, due to turbulence.

Baby Pierre clutches the paint tube.

Help me! cries Baby Pierre. It doesn't have a lid on.

Has the paint all come out? asks Ouvert.

How do I know? says Baby Pierre.

Squeeze it, says Ouvert.

Then it will, says Baby Pierre.

Gently, says Ouvert. Does it feel fat?

Baby Pierre squeezes the Vantablack tube, gently.

Splurt. Gurgle.

It sounds like drops of paint oozing out of a gently squeezed paint tube.

Has it gone on you? asks Third Sister.

I don't think so, says Baby Pierre.

We need some light, says Third Sister. Is there a light on Gaius's bicycle?

YES! cries Ouvert. Who's going to crawl out and find it?

Not us, says the Freddo.

Me, says the co-Freddo.

The brave Freddo can go, says Third Sister. I'll eat the coward.

And that's why the co-Freddo doesn't get eaten.

The downside is, he has to find the light on Gaius's bicycle, all by himself.

Go! says Ouvert.

The co-Freddo goes, not sure of where he is meant to be going.

Come here, says Third Sister, to the cowardly Freddo. Are you wrapped in foil?

Yes, says the Freddo. But inside I am smiling.

Smiling? asks Third Sister.

Smiling, says the Freddo. I'll smile all the way down.

I ate chocolate in Barbados, says Third Sister, But it didn't have a face that was smiling.

Eat him! says Ouvert.

Ouvert is excited. He hopes that the light comes on soon.

I think I might have paint on me, says Baby Pierre.

So what? says Ouvert. That was the plan.

That wasn't the plan, says Baby Pierre.

Third Sister has decided to just eat the feet of the Freddo.

Chomp!

Click!

The co-Freddo has succeeded in finding the light on the bicycle, and turned it on. After which he has fainted.

He is melting, inside the foil wrapper.

His smiling face melting..... his smiling face..... melting....

....inside the wrapper.

A heroic demise.

And not worth it.

Oh! I've eaten his head! says Third Sister.

No comments: