Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Rocky Road In Sunken Garden

Belle comes out with the coffee, and three boxes of chocolates.

Also a strange box of cakes.

These were left over from Christmas, says Belle. We've got Belgian shells, Rocky Road, Coconut Roughs and these Wife Cakes.

Belgian Shells, sniffs Vello. They all taste the same.

Delicious smooth chocolate, says David. What's wrong with that?

Why make them look different? asks Vello. It just gets your hopes up.

I love Belgian Shells, says the Vellogram. You know what you're getting. They all taste the same.

Vello shoots a black look at the Vellogram.

The Vellogram ignores him.

What's Rocky Road? asks the Vellogram.

Rocky Road? says Sweezus. Chocolate, marshmallow, nuts and jam. My favourite.

Belle breaks the Rocky Road into pieces, and offers it round.

Arthur picks up the Wife Cakes.

Where'd these come from? asks Arthur.

I don't know, says Belle. Anyone want one?

No one wants one.

Is Gaius back? asks David, munching a reliable Belgian shell.

Should be, says Sweezus. He was on the flight after ours. He had to get home and rinse out his lycra. That reminds me. We need new outfits. Any chance of an easy assignment?

Yes, says Vello. You could help David finish our Fringe play.

What Fringe play? asks Sweezus.

You always do Candide, says Arthur. Are you finally doing something different?

Yes, says David. Very different. It's called Candide's Garden. It's a follow-up.

A great idea, which I had, says Vello.

No one told me, says the Vellogram. Will I be in it?

As an understudy, says Vello. If anything happens to me, you'll take my part.

What part have you got? asks the Vellogram.

It's not finished yet, says David. That's why I could use help from Sweezus.

I'm your man, says Sweezus. What's the pay rate?

A small share of the profits, says Vello.

Done, says Sweezus. I've got heaps of ideas. It can be kind of like a garden show. With. .. you know... like when the earth collapses and everything falls into a hole but they don't care, they just go with it and ......

...make a sunken garden, says Arthur.

How lovely, says Belle. I'll be in it.


No comments: