Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Tonight I Will Enter

My bicycle, says Baby Pierre. Who'll go and get it?

You go, Arthur, says Gaius. I'm watching the maratus cristatus, for signs of life.

The maratus cristatus exhibits no signs of life.

But Gaius remains sitting.

Arthur gets up. He has drunk too much water.

Okay.

Arthur, Baby Pierre and Felix head for the camper.

Woo! says Baby Pierre. It looks super!

It does look nice, as we no doubt remember.

The rude message is covered with gold paint, except for "S IF Y"

And a photo of Daniel O'Connell hangs from the door handle.

This is new.

Arthur opens the side door.

Shu is inside. He appears to be sulking.

Hi, says Arthur. I thought you were out in the sand dunes.

I was, says Shu. But my search for a spider was fruitless.

Gaius had a female, says Arthur. But she killed the maratus cristatus and ran off. Baby Pierre's found another one.

Felix, says Baby Pierre. He looks like a cat.

I don't, says Felix. Where is the bicycle?

Where's Baby Pierre's bicycle? asks Arthur.

Shu is glad to have something to do.

He moves a few cushions.

There it is, in its green fluoroelastane glory.

Yay! says Baby Pierre.

Arthur drops the bike to the ground, and Baby Pierre and  Felix jump down together.

Baby Pierre gets on his bike and does a circuit round Felix, followed by a wheelie and a stoppie.

Now ME! cries Felix.

You might not be able to, says Baby Pierre. Do you want a lesson?

NO! cries Felix.

He does not need a lesson. He is a natural.

He performs circuits and wheelies and stoppies.

None of which are noticed by Shu or Arthur.

Shu is showing Arthur the rooftop tent.

I thought we could sleep here.

I might sleep in the HiLux, says Arthur.

O! says Shu.

What's up? says Arthur.

Nothing, says Shu.

Arthur goes off for a pee. Too much water.

Shu remains in the camper, composing a poem.

The moon breaks though clouds
Sharp beams awaken
Two pointed sticks
Aimed at your heart
To assuage my endless longing
Tonight I will enter the Hilux.


No comments: