Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Whiskers Ahead

Things that we'd like to know:

1. What was the squishy thing Second Dirty sat on?

Let's see.

Second Dirty lifts himself out of the slimy substance.

There's no squishy thing there.

But he had felt it.

What's up? asks First Dirty.

I thought I sat on something squishy, says Second Dirty. But I can't see it.

Turn around, says First Dirty.

Second Dirty turns.

It's a baked bean, says First Dirty. You've mashed it.

Get it off me! cries Second Dirty.

Does it feel horrible? asks First Dirty.

YES! shouts Second Dirty.

This gives First Dirty an idea.

However, to execute it, they will need to be rescued.

.......

2. Where was Lavender, when the maratus wished to show her his dance moves?

Let's see.

She is in the HiLux with Arthur and Sprocket, on her way to Pemberton to stock up on ordinary water.

Arthur and Sprocket are discussing the documentary that Sprocket is making.

That video of the top of your head....., says Arthur.

Yeah? says Sprocket.

Needs some explanation, says Arthur.

Yeah that's what I reckon, says Sprocket. How about a voice-over?

What was happening at the time? asks Arthur.

I was eating a date ball, says Sprocket.

Anything else? asks Arthur.

Listening to Gaius explain something.

The droning sound, says Arthur. I wondered.

Can I do the voice-over? asks Lavender.

What would you say? asks Arthur.

Chewing a date ball and listening, says Lavender.

I like it! says Sprocket. That links the two things.

.......

3. Has Baby Pierre found a new species of maratus?

Let's see.

No. He hasn't.

Markus has stopped to film the numbat.

So Baby Pierre has stopped too.

As a politeness.

A tiny maratus felinus preens its mini whiskers, up ahead, unaware of what's coming.

No comments: