Monday, September 5, 2011

Unfortunately The Date Is....

No, said Gaius, I haven't read The Twenty One Balloons, but I have heard of it. It is a very famous book I believe.

Very famous, said Anoctopus. Although I had no luck finding it in the book shops. I ended up buying it on ebay.

Nothing wrong with that, said Gaius. New or second hand?

Second hand, but in excellent condition, said Anoctopus.

Ebay items often are, said Gaius.

Why's it called The Twenty One Balloons if it's about volcanoes? asked Baby Pierre.

Ahh, said Anoctopus. It's about a professor who goes on a ballooning holiday, and is blown off course, and lands on Krakatoa. He meets the people who live there hidden from the rest of the world. They live in a sort of Utopia, but unfortunately the date is......

Suddenly Anoctopus stopped talking.

No comments: