Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Many Different Kinds

Sweezus knocked on the door of the Camus family's apartment.

Sweezus! cried the twins. Come and play penguins!

Not now, said Sweezus. I'm starving. What's for breakfast?

Mini-Wheats, said Francine. The children don't much like them.

Oh, said Sweezus. Shall I help myself?

Please do, said Francine. I'll get the coffee.

Camus was at the table eating toast and strawberry jam.

Sweezus, he said, contemplatively. Why does your name seem so familiar?

Are you on Twitter? asked Sweezus. Perhaps you follow me.

Twitter? said Camus. I think not. I have no interest in the social media.

Don't knock it till you try it, said Sweezus. It helps me with my writing. I've just completed a creative writing course. My teacher encouraged me to tweet.

What do you tweet about? asked Camus.

The night sky, said Sweezus. It's really cool. No one else is doing it. One of my followers wrote and told me I ought to be a writter.

A writter? said Camus. What's a writter?

I assumed they meant a writer, said Sweezus. And they couldn't spell.

That's good, said Camus. It means you're making progress, when you start to get some feedback.

That's what I think, said Sweezus, but I just don't seem able to write this article for Marie and Belle et Bonne. A bicycle story I can do, but it's the philosophical aspect that's holding me up.

Aha, said Camus. Just write about what you know.

Yeah, exactly, said Sweezus. And philosophy isn't my thing.

There are many different kinds of philosophy, said Camus. Existentialism, absurdism, determinism, nihilism, naturalism, stoicism.......

You're kidding me! said Sweezus. Wow!

No comments: