Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Eat Worms With Me

Are we there yet? asks the bandy bandy.

Don't say that! says Terence.

YOU always say it, says the bandy bandy.

I'm not saying it now, says Terence. I'm the leader.

That's why I said it, says the bandy bandy.

Terence tries to remember what leaders say when the team is not there yet.

Are we there yet? repeats the bandy bandy.

Yes, says Terence. We might be.

Why? asks the bandy bandy.

You're such a BABY! says Terence. Because there's a LOG. Turn it over.

How can I? asks the bandy bandy. No arms.

Ha! says Terence. Then how come you live under them?

We burrow, says the bandy bandy.

Burrow, then, says Terence. I'll sit here and think about my loved ones.

Hoo hoo, says the bandy bandy. Your loved ones. The crocodile probably ate them by now.

Yes! says Terence. That's what I'll be thinking.

He sits on the log. The bandy bandy starts burrowing.

Burrow burrow.

Then....would you believe it?

Hello, cousin, says a new bandy bandy with slightly different markings.

 Cousin! I can hardly believe it! says our bandy bandy.

Come in, cousin, says the new one. Eat some blind worms with me.

Can't, says our bandy bandy. I'm basically a servant. See that infant?

He looks sad, says the new bandy bandy.

Don't be fooled, says our bandy bandy. He's not sad.

It's true Terence isn't. He is only trying out the the face of someone coming to terms with the loss of his loved ones.

Watch this! says our bandy bandy. Hey, Terence. I found one!

Wait! I'm not ready to meet him! says the new bandy bandy.

Too late, says our one.

Terence looks at the new bandy bandy.

Is it different? It doesn't look different. Not to Terence.

He hears tramping.

Gaius and Humboldt have stumbled upon his location, having followed his plod marks.

What have we here? says Gaius. O what luck! A vermicella parscauda!

Is it? says Terence. What are you doing here? I thought the crocodile ate you.

No, says Gaius. He just wanted a look at my Crocs. Crocs. A crocodile. Oh, ha ha!

It's only now that it strikes him as funny.

No comments: