Friday, March 19, 2021

Cutting It Fine

Later.

Gaius and Kirkegaard are cycling to the city, to meet the rest of the cast at six thirty.

Gaius is wearing his costume ( the black cloak ).

Kierkegaard isn't.

Drat, says Gaius. My cloak keeps getting caught in my spokes.

At least you have a cloak, says Kierkegaard. I hope Arthur has mine. Did you call him?

Jumping Jupiter! says Gaius. No I didn't. I'll call him now.

He stops and opens his back pack to search for his phone.

What are you looking for? asks Ageless.

My phone, says Gaius.

Ageless, who is inside the back pack, feels about with his dominant claw.

Stop that! says Kobo.

What is it that he is doing? asks Captain Baudin.

Poking, says Kobo. You would understand about that.

Madame! says Captain Baudin.

It seems all is not well between them.

Found it? asks Kierkegaard.

Yes, says Gaius, as Ageless hands him the phone.

He calls Arthur.

Arthur, where are you?

I'm at Gluttony with T S Eliot, says Arthur. Helping him with his peaches, and his make-up.

Why does he need help with his peaches? asks Gaius.

Fruit fly, says Arthur. First we had to sneak them in, now we're cutting them open.

Are they infested? asks Gaius.

Yes and no, says Arthur. They were, but they're not at the moment.

Impossible, says Gaius. They either are or they aren't. Don't get involved in anything foolish. I want you to come with me to New Zealand when the Fringe is over.

Sure, says Arthur. 

Have you got Kierko's cloak? asks Gaius. 

Yes, says Arthur. I've lent it to Tom, but he'll give it back when his show's finished.

Cutting it fine, says Gaius.

He's just next door, says Arthur. Don't worry.

I never worry, says Gaius. I know I can rely on you.

Well? asks Kierkegaard.

He's there already, helping T S Eliot with his make-up, says Gaius. And he does have the cloak.

I'm relieved to hear it, says Kierkegaard. 

They cycle on, towards the city, Gaius pondering the whereabouts of the disappearing fruit fly, Kierkegaard wondering why T S Eliot needs makeup.


No comments: